The Retail Insider ‘Transforming Retail Awards 2019’ showcased the very best examples of innovation across the sector as decided by an independent panel of well-known industry judges. This year’s impressive panel of judges included:
- Paul Clarke, CTO of Ocado
- Clodagh Moriarty, Group Chief Digital Officer of J. Sainsbury
- Paul Wilkinson, Head of Product for Space, Range and Display for Tesco
- Edwina Dunn, CEO of Starcount
- Martin Newman, Founder of Customer First Group
- Lawrence Shaw, CEO of Sitemorse
- Craig Smith, Digital Commerce Director for Ted Baker
- Simon Calver, Head of Venture Investments for BGF Ventures
- Sarah McVittie, Co-founder of Dressipi
In the ‘Most Promising Newcomer’ category, the judges sought a company that has made an impact in its youth but has the staying power to last the course. We are delighted that the judges recognized Zynstra as a company that is quickly making its mark and delivering a particularly impressive, and much-needed, solution to its retail clients – our patented Edge Virtualization technology.
Our method for virtualizing retail devices has cracked a major retail industry challenge for the first time. Retailers can now optimize their existing in-store technology to deliver enhanced customer experiences and improved operational efficiency without requiring expensive rip and replacement of incumbent store technology. Through the awards process, the judges took note of the success we have had with major North American customers who have deployed our powerful software, purpose-built for the retail edge. These customers include Pilot Flying J, the 14th largest private company in the US with $21 billion revenues and 750 stores across 44 states offering fuel and food service 24/7, and Wawa, a $10 billion convenience fuel retailer with 800+ stores.
This award is a testament to Zynstra’s ongoing success in 2019. In the last year we have released a retail specific solution for virtualizing every device in a retail store, from the back office to checkout, to store associate systems. With our solution, IT distributed across many stores can be operated as though it was running in a centralized cloud.
The Most Promising Newcomer award adds to our growing list of 2019 accolades, and we look forward to attending these awards:
- Payment Awards 2019 Shortlist
- 2019 UK IT Industry Awards Finalist
- Computing Technology Product Awards 2019 Finalist
- Retail Systems Award 2019 Shortlist
We’d like to thank Retail Insider for this recognition. We were honored and humbled to be included in such an impressive line-up of retailer and retail technology companies that are helping our industry remain fresh and innovative! The entire team at Zynstra looks forward to our continued growth as we forge ahead with our mission to Power the Retail Edge.