Job Title: Technical Architect
Department: SDS Professional Services
Location: Atlanta, USA
Zynstra, an NCR company is looking for an experienced Technical Architect within the NCR Global Retail Professional Services Team.
Using your passion for technology, you will be architecting how to integrate and deploy the Zynstra virtualized store solution into our client’s environments.
You will be regularly interacting with the client, on both the solutions and progress. You will need to be hands on and client-facing, combining deep technical knowledge with the ability to present ideas.
The Technical Architect will be expected to take ownership of the solutions architecture and technical implementation and provide clear and effective communication to customers and colleagues on technical topics.
You will have to be a Linux and Virtualization EXPERT, but also have lots of experience with all technology in enterprise environments.
You will become the subject matter expert for the Zynstra virtualized store solution, and be working closely with our clients on how to deploy and operate the solution.
- Be an excellent communicator and comfortable at explaining and presenting both solutions and rationale for decision making to a technical and non-technical audience via documentation and presentations
- Conduct deep technical discovery sessions with our large customers and develop creative solutions to challenges uncovered
- Providing technical leadership in the areas of implementation/delivery, and Infrastructure support, including scenario design and flow mapping
- Own the governance and design of a complete solution from inception through delivery to handover
- Promote co-operation and facilitate coordination of all technical and non-technical streams within a project to achieve the successful delivery of the Zynstra solution
- Find the optimally balanced technology solution among all possible to address our customers business needs
- Develop our use of monitoring and management tools to promote high availability and performance of our solutions
- Becoming an expert in the Zynstra Virtualized store solution – both software and infrastructure
- Building and maintaining lab environments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- A high-level of self-initiation, organisation and enthusiasm
- Personable team player, able to work under guidance and own initiative, adding expertise and value to project deliverables
- Excellent stakeholder management with focus on nurturing & developing strong relationships
- Experience of working with and collaborating across technical and project work streams to drive results
- Experience of identifying, developing and transitioning knowledge to up-skill internal teams
- Good general consulting skills (structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and strong stakeholder engagement)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence effectively across multiple media
- Commercial awareness of enterprise-level systems
- Strong technical expertise in open-source technologies.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of success in consultative/complex technical and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience architecting and delivering on-premise infrastructure or cloud-based solutions
- Minimum of 5 years experience in deploying, supporting and troubleshooting Linux server operating systems
- Any experience with POS (point of sale) software and technologies a distinct advantage.
Essential technical experience
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Windows operating systems (desktop and server)
- Excellent understanding of core networking principles. (layers 2 through 4 of the OSI model)
- Virtualisation (ideally Xen, alternatively advanced knowledge of others such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V etc.)
- Resilient and redundant file systems (ideally ZFS and DRBD, alternatively advanced knowledge of similar such as btrfs, LVM, RAID, CEPH, clustering solutions etc.)
Desirable technical experience
- Shell scripting (ideally BASH, or Python, Perl, Ruby, Powershell etc.)
Your Personal Qualities
Because of our rapid growth the right person for this critical role will need to adopt a flexible approach and be extremely well organised in order to be able to prioritise personal workload given the different demands for their time.
You’ll need strong analytical skills, have excellent problem-solving ability when under pressure and have an attention to detail.
Given the breadth and complexity of our software product, you need to be the kind of person who enjoys learning new technologies and is willing to take on a variety of technical challenges.
Travel to our customer sites will be required between 10 – 20% of the time.
To apply, please email email@example.com.