Job Title: Solutions Delivery Engineer
Department: SDS Professional Services
Location: NCR HQ in Atlanta and travel to customer sites
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a Solutions Delivery Engineer to work in this fast-paced technology environment with world-class engineers and customers on cutting-edge technologies.
You are a creative and seasoned Solutions Delivery Engineer – a technical ninja that can see the high-level solution and go deep technically in all product areas.
You will have to be a Linux and virtualization EXPERT, with lots of experience of Linux operating systems, Xen Virtualisation, ZFS file systems, DRBD, Nagios, CheckMK, Apache, CouchDB and scripting.
You should have a proven record of delivering on-premise infrastructure or cloud-based solutions, and excellent written and face to face communication skills. In this role there will be occasional travel to our customers sites while you are deploying the NCR SDS virtualized store solution.
Any experience in retail POS systems will be a distinct advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Becoming an expert in the Zynstra Virtualized store solution – both software and infrastructure
- Assisting our customers with integrating and deploying the Zynstra virtualized store solution in our customers environments, both remotely and on-site
- Providing guidance and familiarisation to our customers deploying and using our solution.
- Building and maintaining lab environments
- Management and support of Linux server operating systems
- Maintaining and Supporting the Zynstra virtualization software and infrastructure
- Patching and updating the operating systems and software on Zynstra servers
- Be able to work as a team to communicate timelines and completion dates
- Promote and provide support for new products and technologies
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of our products, technologies and our competitors
- Providing technical support to our Sales engineering team in relation to product architecture and during the implementation of ‘proof of concepts’ for our Enterprise opportunities
- Automate processes to increase functionality, efficiency and simplify processes.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, you’ll work closely with the existing Professional Services and support team as you build and then apply your knowledge of our product to our customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience delivering on-premise infrastructure or cloud-based solutions
- Minimum of 5 years experience in deploying, supporting and troubleshooting Linux server operating systems
- Excellent understanding of core internet technologies – routing/switching, DNS, DHCP, firewalls
- Experience in at least one interpreted or compiled programming language. Knowledge of the Python scripting language and AWS scripting is desired
- Any experience with POS (point of sale) software and technologies a distinct advantage.
Essential experience with these technologies:
- Linux operating systems (Ubuntu preferred)
- Virtualisation (ideally Xen, alternatively advanced knowledge of others such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V etc.)
- Resilient and redundant file systems (ideally ZFS and DRBD, alternatively advanced knowledge of similar such as btrfs, LVM, RAID, CEPH, clustering solutions etc.)
- Shell scripting (ideally BASH, or Python, Perl, Ruby, Powershell etc.).
Desirable experience with these technologies:
- Windows operating systems
Your Personal Qualities
Because of our rapid growth the right person for this critical role will need to adopt a flexible approach and be extremely well organised in order to be able to prioritise personal workload given the different demands for their time.
You’ll need strong analytical skills, have excellent problem-solving ability when under pressure and have an attention to detail.
Given the breadth and complexity of our software product, you need to be the kind of person who enjoys learning new technologies and is willing to take on a variety of technical challenges.
You’ll also need to be willing to provide occasional out-of-hours support during our busiest periods and whilst we are building the team.
To apply, please email email@example.com.