Department: Customer Success
Job Title: IT Operations Shift Engineer
Location: Bath, UK
Hours: Shift work
Due to our continued growth we are looking for exceptional IT Service Desk Engineers with strong Linux skills to join our technical operations team in Bath.
You will be working in a shift team who are responsible for the 24 x 7 monitoring, maintenance, support and deployment of our unique virtualized store infrastructure software that is now gaining significant traction with retailers all over the world
This is a shift-based role, which will join our 24 x 7 shift pattern – “4 on 4 off”.
The job holder will join the Zynstra Customer success team in deploying and supporting the Zynstra virtualized store infrastructure software.
- Answering emails, calls and online chat in a positive and friendly manner.
- Creating a record of each customer problem and spot trends when applicable.
- Deliver technical IT support as required to our diverse client base
- Monitoring live customers Zynstra software and infrastructure, troubleshooting issues and escalating issues to the Zynstra Operations Team
- Management of Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Assisting our partners and customers with deploying the Zynstra software
- Patching and updating the operating systems and Zynstra software on Zynstra Appliances
- Fulfilling IT maintenance tasks scheduled by other team members.
- Promote and provide support for new products and technologies.
- Managing corporate IT desktop and laptops
- Onboarding new employees: laptop setup, account creation and new user orientation
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of our products, technologies and our competitors.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The candidate should have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in an IT Operational support role working with Linux operating systems
- Good understanding of core internet technologies – Routing/Switching, DNS, DHCP, firewalls
- Experience working in a customer-facing technical role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
- Strong analytical skills with proven problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
Essential experience with these technologies:
- Linux Ubuntu Operating systems
- Virtualisation (ideally Xen, alternatively advanced knowledge of others such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V etc)
Desirable experience with these technologies:
- Windows operating systems
- Resilient and redundant file systems (ideally ZFS and DRBD, alternatively advanced knowledge of similar such as btrfs, LVM, RAID, CEPH, clustering solutions etc)
- Shell scripting (ideally BASH, or Python, Perl, Ruby, Powershell etc)
To apply, please email email@example.com.