Benefits of cloud services
Getting access to a software application, cloud storage or application hosting with no up-front costs (CAPEX), no complex setup or install process, and a maintenance-free, worry-free, experience allows you to focus on the day-to-day IT activities that are important to your organization.
The top 5 reasons organizations cited for adopting Cloud were:
- Scalability (65%)
- Flexibility of delivery (58%)
- 24/7 service dependence (58%)
- Low cost of adoption (57%)
- Operational cost saving (55%)
Source: CIF 2014
Concerns about cloud services
It sounds convincing but many organizations have not yet embraced the cloud. The most common reasons for lack of cloud adoption cited are:
- Concerns about security, privacy and sovereignty of your data and applications.
- Concerns about poor performance of cloud applications where cheap, high-bandwidth, internet connectivity is not readily available.
- Concerns over loss-of-control, especially administration, of who can do what in your IT estate.
- Lack of support. Faceless cloud services that have no human contact for support or advice, unless you’re willing to pay a significant premium.
The primary reasons for not wishing to move specific applications to cloud services, were:
- Security concerns (75%)
- Data protection concerns (59%)
- Investments already made in on-premises (47%)
- Efficiency (39%)
- Legacy technology restrictions (34%)
Source: CIF 2014
For many organizations, these concerns present a real barrier to cloud adoption.
How Zynstra helps
Zynstra’s Hybrid IT services have been designed to mitigate these concerns:
- You can choose where your data resides, on the local Zynstra server , in public cloud services, or a combination of both. If you are concerned about data being off-site, just keep it on Zynstra. The on-premises IT environment can be backed up to the cloud if required, but even here your data is fully encrypted before it leaves your site.
- If you need local performance for applications or data access, or you don’t have a great Internet connection, keep your data and/or applications on-premises, on the Zynstra cloud managed server, but let us take care of the dirty work – keeping it working, current and secure and eliminating IT upgrades.
- You stay in the driving seat (if you want to). Zynstra provides simple control panels for non-technical users, or Microsoft Active Directory for those who want the full control over the administration.
- Delivered through our channel partners, a support-service wrap is a key part of our unique Hybrid IT service.
Zynstra enables you to move confidently to the cloud, but keep the things you want on-site, and even if you move your applications and data fully to the cloud, it delivers the core IT infrastructure you need to run your site.
Learn more about how you can optimize your IT infrastructure through Hybrid IT: